Certified Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) is a global risk management credential which:
- Encompasses a worldclass curriculum that combines actuarial science with the theoretical, practical and professional principles of ERM
- Instils the highest professional standards, with an impeccable code of ethics and rigorous educational requirements
- Is recognised worldwide and transferable internationally
- Is consistent with modern, effective methodologies
- Applies both qualitative and quantitative insight to ERM, and
- Equips risk management professionals to empower better business decisions and more profitable business developments.
In order to become a CERA it is necessary to be a fully qualified actuary of the ČSpA in the first place and afterwards attend the seminars and pass the exams of the following four modules
- Module A: Concept, Framework and Quantitative Methods of ERM,
- Module B: Classification, Modelling and Transfer of Risks,
- Module C: ERM processes and
- Module D: ERM – Economic Capital.
The EAA offers a series of training courses and exams (through DAV) to study for the CERA designation to all actuaries of the ČSpA (https://actuarial-academy.com/CERA). The courses and exams are in English.
ROUTE TO CERA
Currently, the ČSpA is in the process of becoming CERA awarding member. If you are willing to start CERA pathway now, you shall:
1. Register with DAV – contacts are available on EAA webpage, section CERA
2. Prove to DAV to be a qualified actuary of the ČSpA
3. DAV will create an online profile to a candidate
4. Register and attend the required seminars of four modules
5. Register online to the exams with DAV – only after attending the seminars. You can select the place to take an exam
6. Successful candidates of all required exams receive an examination certificate from the ČSpA (possible when ČSpA becomes an awarding party, that is expected in 2020).
Once, the ČSpA is an awarding party, the process is following:
1. Members of the ČSpA shall register directly with the Secretary of the Approbation Committee ČSpA using application form
2. ČSpA will forward the application together with the confirmation of membership to the DAV/EAA within 14 days
3. For each individual seminar and examination, the candidate should register online based on the login details received from the DAV/EAA
4. Seminar and examination dates will be announced on the website of the EAA, respectively the DAV
5. On completion of the examination successful candidates receive an examination certificate from the ČSpA.
For further details see Rules and conditions for obtaining CERA certificate.
In case of any question, please contact Kamil Žák using the contact details in the member list (available after login to the membership area).
The information on this page will be continuously updated. The CERA working group is working on becoming CERA awarding party.
The working group will also discuss the possibility of taking CERA exams in Prague.
CERA exams in 2020 (DAV)
22 May 2020 | 9:00-12:00
Exam for CERA Module A
23 May 2020 | 9:00-12:00
Exam for CERA Module C
23 May 2020 | 14:00-17:00
Exam for CERA Module D
23 October 2020 | 9:00-12:00
Exam for CERA Module B
Locations of exams in 2020 (DAV)